Wednesday, September 17, 2008


Hello everybody, I'd like you to meet a personal hero of mine, who I look to for guidance in time of crisis. You've probably only heard passing mentions of him, probably in conjunction with the film V for Vendetta. For the record, I have viewed this man with marvel and reverence. This, my friends, is the original suicidal terrorist.
Ladies, gentlemen, members of the jury. Meet Guy (Guido) Fawkes, who on November fifth 1605, attempted to blow up the Parliament building. That takes guts. The PARLIAMENT building. Why don't I just go ahead and say it'd be like making a break at the Capitol Building for all of us American idiots.
The poor man was caught and hung, unfortunately, and the Parliament building never had it's day with the powder, but how much of a bang would something like that give, anyway?
You may be thinking to yourself, 'Why the hell are you bringing this up now?' Well, when I'm in the doldrums and need a project, I fix this by clicking on the Random Article button on Wikipedia until I find something interesting. It's Wiki-surfing. White people like it. I don't know if there's a post yet about Wiki-surfing. There should be. I expect Ned does it when he's bored, and there appears to be an awful lot of 'Stuff White People Like' that Ned does too. Speaking of which, NED. GET YOUR OWN BLOG SO I CAN LINK TO IT. I DON'T THINK ANYBODY ELSE KNOWS WHO I'M TALKING TO. That's okay, though. Nobody else reads this, either.

Fawke You All,
Murphs.

No comments: