Sunday, October 5, 2008

Steampunk Con!

There is a steampunk convention from Oct. 31 to Nov. 2, and I MUST ATTEND. I can kiss my first paycheck (coming October 15) good bye right now. It will be dedicated to a ticket, outfitting merchandise and all that stuff one needs to attend a weekend-long event. 
Knowing me, I'll completely forget to make arrangements and end up sleeping in the back of a baby-car the whole weekend and eating uncooked ramen or something. I take that back; I hate ramen. But I still simply must attend this gathering of like-minds. I will, undoubtedly, miss the trick-or-treating I had planned (Really. I'm almost of driving age and my Halloween was to be occupied begging candy from strangers and criticizing costumes of others.). But COME ON. Steampunk Ball. And the opportunity to meet Jake Von Slatt. 
AUUUUUGH. I wonder if my parents would give me a temporary loan for the ticket until I can pay them back on the fifteenth? Maybe. Assuming they'd let me go at all. My mum's still after me because I skipped school Friday, and the thirty-first is a Friday this year. 
Wonder if Kibbles would go with me? Maybe Bryce. He's into steampunk too, you know.

Steampunk Magazine, take me into the fold!
Murphs

PS: I've neglected to mention previously how much I've fallen in love with Abney Park: The Secret Life Of Doctor Calgori

1 comment:

Stoicned said...

Where's the convention?

Wherever it is, you really should go. After all, your Dad gets to galavant all over the Lower 48 attending festivals! Good luck selling your parents on that one....