Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fun! Work! Steamy things!


I did it! I buckled down and made my freakin' steampunk goggles. They're classy. Here's what I did, more or less. To be honest, I hardly did any of that. But it was a basis! 
The welding goggles I purchased (for a mere seven-fifty after student discount) were already black, so score for me! I didn't own any brass-coloured paint and there was no way I was waiting. I'm very impatient at times, so what I did instead was take the lens caps, roll them about on a black ink pad, and dust them with embossing powder we still have from when my mum was into stamping. Then I had to heat them to make the powder melt the way it's s'posed to (A real mess that was!), but I think that end result looks better than the tutorial's way, don't you? Oh, and I decided to keep the green-welding lens bits in. My eyes are sensitive to sunlight due to hours in my basement hole, plus then I can look awesome if I ever decide to learn how to weld. Or rather, when I decide to take action on my wish to learn to weld.

The fabric hated me too,
Murphs

PS: I've got a follower, even if its just my loverly Meggles!

1 comment:

Phone said...

OMG they are the amazing and teh sex
^_^
kudos you wonderful bits you