Saturday, November 21, 2009

Æther Shanties


December First. There are nine days until I can finally--FINALLY--order Æther Shanties, Abney Park's newest--and if we are to believe Captain Robert, greatest--album. We were supposed to get it a while ago, like, August. But a heat wave hit Seattle, and cracked a hard drive in the Abney Park non-air-conditioned studio.
I will take this as a good thing, though, as this means that we, the listeners, get to hear Jody, the new background singer/dancer! (The link takes you to a wonderful picture of Ms. Ellen.) She was just wonderful at Steam-Con, and I expect, based on the things other people are saying around on the internet, that her vocals in this are going to be beautiful.
Some of the new songs include 'Until The Day I Die' and 'Victoria'. You should totally check out those two links, even if Victoria is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard.

Counting down the days,
Murphs

No comments: