Thursday, September 3, 2009

Exausting.

Have you ever noticed how very onomatopoeic the word exhausting is? I mean, really, doesn't it just sound like a really tired word?
In related news, I have, for the last time, held Rivercity to a mental ideal that it fails to live up to. This is the fourth year I've hoped and the fourth year I've been heinously disappointed. I also believe this is a fairly reasonable example of why I make a great pessimist. No hopes = no disappointment, friends.
I'm about as irritated as disappointed, I might add. Never has the naive We're a Different Kind of School attitude that certain individuals hold made me so angry. Worse yet, it seems to have morphed into a viral meme among the student body--When posed the question why did you decide to come to this school? by the new nurse, I expected the BS answer from one unnamed person, but some people--totally unexpected people, mind you--spoke up with absolute and sincere twaddle. Can ridiculous be transferred as a mind worm?
I hope somebody other than Ned magically remembers that I regularly post here so they can read that and hopefully gain my immunity to this infectious idea.
Lastly, I remind you all that if you want to see just how disappointed I am, there is a abject and somewhat vexed kitty several posts down.
Yours,
Murphs

No comments: