Friday, June 20, 2008

Karaoke Time!

Sooooooo. I slept in today. YEY! Yeah, I slept in till about eleven-thirty thank god and as a result my feet can still feel ground. I played a hella ton of Professor Layton and the Curious Village. Great game, I highly recommend if you're into puzzles. In any case, the group went on from a train in Nijo Station to Kyoto Station to Kobe Station. From Kobe we were set free until seven and I think I ate five helpings of gelato--I'm a fan now. Me, Mac and Skye were also accosted by an old man on a bicycle.
We all met up at Titty Park by the station to meet Brindley and his students and go to karaoke. Karaoke is amazing, and Ned says we have a new one in Spokane near the North Costco and I MUST GO. It was funny as hell.
Joel spend about six bucks on a machine and won a hamster or some such and gave it to some girl he thought was cute. I think Joel has an Asian fetish. He also owes me a hundred yen.
After the karaoke, two of the students crowded us all into one of these picture booths that are in massive herds all over Japan. Vending machines are too, though we've all noticed a decided lack of trash cans and have thus concluded that when Americans domesticated the Trash Can and Japanese domesticated the Vending Machine, they forgot to show them to get along.
I'm off to bed then, because we've got an intense day of bicycling and shopping and zen thinking tomorrow.
~DJ

No comments: