Wednesday, June 18, 2008

INTENSE PAIN.

This isn't hot-sauce pain, my friends. This is intense, I've-on-my-feet-for-twelve-hours-straight pain. It is so goddamn painful to walk--and my cut foot is no goddamn help.
But, I digress. Beyond the physical pain of my knees down is the sublime surrealism that is Japan. The rare Mountain Dew that is found in this land is bubblier and has less sugar than that of the American Dew. Pancakes come in packages, ninja shoes need their own special socks, violet umbrellas have patterns of flowers on them, wooden bokkencan be purchased to beat your fellow gaijin with and lolita shops are available to tart yourself up in. I revel in the absurdity of these people, with their insane amounts of cell phone charms, ridiculous clothes and ability to squish in to clearly-already-over-crowded trains.
I think I'm shrined-out. No more mysterious ancient temples for me; I'm full-up, already! The shopping is getting a little wearing as well. I can take only so much! I don't have unlimited amounts of money to spend, and I am reaching the breaking point of insanity with all the little bits and pieces I cannot help but want so desperately I buy.
Whatever. We're going to two Japanese schools tomorrow, where Ned will show off the horrible video I made and I will hide my face in shame. I swear to god that all I want right now is to sleep in my comfortable bed with my comfortable pillow and comfortable lighting and then wake up at three. In the afternoon. Fuck this shit, I wanna sleep in.
Or just ride another comfortable Japanese bicycle. Those things are hella awesome.
Sleepily,
~DJ

No comments: