Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Up For The Task?

If I'm lucky, somebody from Brass Goggles has at some point elected to click on my webpage link, and is going to read this. This is highly improbable as I've been lurking a lot lately, but I hope so.
Have I mentioned the Pseudopod/Podcastle/Escape Pod triad lately? If I haven't, they're all weekly short story podcasts in horror, fantasy and science fiction. Why am I mentioning this? you think.
Well, I've been giving hard thought to asking the good people of Brass Goggles if aims should be made to a steampunk short story podcast. I'd like to think it'd be rather a lot of fun, but to be honest, I haven't the foggiest how I would even get started on a project of that magnitude (would I get credits?).
I can say for sure that at least one person is keen as I on this, (Vela-san, one of my penpals) but it takes a lot more than one person to get one of these things going. I've seen the work! There's websites, hosting, recording, mixing, picking stories, holy hell. The folks working at Pseudopod have a person just for getting though the slush pile.
To be honest, it's not so much the idea of all the work, (Hello, distraction from my own lame-ass life!) but that I know it couldn't possibly be a one-man project and as any Rivercity student can guess if not inform with 100% assurity, I really hate working with people.
So, here's to hoping I can get over myself and work for something awesome in a world of asinine.

Less than a week,
Murphs

No comments: