Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nothing to Report

Once again, my cycle of interests has crested to video games. For about a fortnight, I will do nothing but play video games and watch movies down in the basement where I reside. And in fourteen days (or so), I'll turn to the waiting pile of books and say to myself, 'Hey! That looks good...' And then there'll be that. During this period, I will slowly slip into reading yet more manga, and watching anime on the computer again. That will last for approximately two weeks as well.
Hopefully, this vicious and boring cycle will grind to a halt in the face of studying. This is assuming, and I really to hope this is true, that I will need to study, something I haven't done since memorizing the times tables (my god, I am actually serious) about ten years ago.
In other news, though, I have finally submitted a short story to a contest! It's a sort-of advert for the man's newest leather and resin masterpiece (it really looks amazing) and I'm not really proud of the story I banged out yesterday, but I've a few hopes that I win. The winner of his contest gets a $75 gift certificate to his Etsy shop, and I've my eye on this cameo bracelet, something I could never afford but would stare at for a few minutes in want. I'll know that I lost by the sixteenth, so if you're keen on watching me go down like a lead zeppelin, tune in Sunday.
On the other hand, if any of you dig up any other writing contests, post a comment to tell me, or even email me. I want to get better at writing, even if I never do it professionally.

Yours,
Murphs

No comments: