Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lost it.

Well, I predicted it, and I was right on. I didn't win the writing contest (no big surprise). A nice lad from BC, Canada did. And I congratulate him. The winner's here. His post makes me wonder about Mr. Banwell's near-second, in a was it me? I hope it was me. I'll never know if it was me... kind of way. I'm a tad disappointed, obviously. In fact, I think the only way to really drive home how disappointed I am is with this kitten. He is as disappointed as I. But I'm not really into facepalm.

In other news, there's only fifteen (sixteen?) days left until Rivercity starts up again. I'm sort of looking forward to it, just because I'm going absolutely crazy at the house where I reside. Crazy enough to spend fourteen days at RLA. And I'm fairly sure that if you've been paying any attention at all, you know how I feel about RLA. Topping it off, I'm about 83% sure that at least four--if not five--of those fourteen days will be at another beginning of the year camp. And this year, I'm going to be rather lacking in close friends, as they've all graduated or are Running Start (like me) but their parents don't make them go to RLA. I am talking to you, Joel.
Of course, it's not like I can waltz away and not find a replacement cook. Otherwise, they'd find themselves all subsisting on instant ramen and I'd rather not have that on my conscience. The alternative to this is Ned making curry again, and I think that anybody who went to Yellowstone can attest that they don't want that again (it's a joke, Ned!).
Well, enough of that.

Yours,
Murphs

No comments: