Saturday, October 3, 2009

Update!

I haven't posted in a bit--sorry! Surprisingly, I've found myself somewhat busy--one might even go as far as to say I've obtained a life. Now that I'm a) conscious, b) sitting in front of a computer and c) remembered to update, I'll fill you all in on my newly obtained social life.
I joined a few clubs, since it seemed the best way to meet others with similar interests. A few, by the by, means three in this context; Anime Club, Gamers' Club and Japanese Club (アニメのぶかつとガマのぶかつと日本のぶかつです。 How's that, Ned?) The last of these, it seems, is going to be the most time-consuming, mostly because I magically made it as the club secretary.
A long silence had taken the room when Yasuka-せんせい asked who wanted to be secretary and I figured, hey, I've got good handwriting, Japanese or Latin letters. And so here I am. It's not such a hard gig, actually. I just take notes about the meeting (which I would have sort-of done anyway) and write stuff on the board in my excellent handwriting.
Last week's Wednesday was Club Day, so I have no report for you all on Anime Club other than what I learned almost a fortnight ago (たいやき Tuesdays!! If only I didn't have my whole Tuesday packed...). Club Day, however, was... 'an adventure,' as my mother would put it. If you see any SFCC publicity pictures with me in my nekomimi, that's the day they took them (When else is one expected to wear them? And where?) .
Gamers' Club also reports little; I don't play many multiplayer games (mostly because I've nobody good to play against), but it's really very fun to watch some people play Guitar Hero on those crazy expert levels.
Let's drift back to the Japanese Club for a time, though. Every week, one of our members is supposed to take a look at some portion of Japanese culture. Yesterday was tea ceremony (Ack! That green tea is bitter. No lie.). It was a lot of fun, I think. And I now know that macha is definitely not my cup of tea--if you'll pardon the pun.
The next presentation is to be done by yours truly, on Japanese obento lunches. I'm going to make one up for Friday to show off. Unfortunately, my lunch-packing skills aren't exactly on-par. So for Monday to Friday, you will all get pictures of my various lunch attempts for my sister (Monday to Thursday) and my show off one for Friday (Does anybody know where one buys うめぼし in Spokane?!).
So with that, I'll leave this alone until then, with the exception of one last comment. To all my elders, it's true. I like community college SO MUCH MORE than RLA. There's just something about the anonymity and picking the people I spend time with (not spending seven hours with forty kids I loathe) that is making even the heinously embarrasing monologues of my acting class worthwhile.
You were right (no matter how much it pains me to say so.).

Humbly Yours,
Murphs

No comments: