Friday, October 16, 2009

What.


If there is a god, it was dropped on its head sometime around the beginning of time. For surely any sane or mentally capable god would not allow this and this to permeate the aetherweb. And yet, I grow ever-fearful that this is exactly the sort of thing that not only is common here, but is also what many people wish to read.
But I did not rouse myself from a pile of literature (No lie, I have three enormous stacks of books I've to read) to whine about the goings on of a public high school. No, I'm here to tell you how wicked-psyched I am for Steam-Con! There are seven days to go before Miss Miles and I (okay, and my dad) sally forth to Seattle.
While I am vastly unprepared, (ie: I haven't finished my steampunk wings, Shangri-La Postal Service messenger bag and armband, my aforementioned gigantic reading list, ect.) I look forward to this the way I did Sakura-Con (which I rather hope I'll be able to attend again this year, perhaps with SFCC Anime Club). Namely, I am ridiculously cowed about how ill-informed I will doubtless appear to these people.
NOW. Concerning previous comments!
Ned- I would like the record to show that I have never possessed 'overflowing self-confidence.' I apologize if any of you have EVER gotten this impression.
To Helios- If you are who I think you are (Brass Goggles?) Then not only have one of my many links worked, but I have international readership! Huzzah!
To Lolami- It is a true comfort that you read this and still choose to associate yourself with me. Excited for Steam-Con?!

Now don't mind me, I'm off to read,
Murphs

1 comment:

Gridiron Junky said...

Cant wait for your review. Were you steam-punky enough?