Saturday, April 11, 2009

SAKURA CON!

konnichiwa, tomodachi. (Ned: The family computer doesn't do kana.)

Sakura-Con was a blast (The day and a half I had to enjoy it). And I have to say, while there was a lot more... flesh... than I'd of liked to see, there were a lot less fat people wearing immodest clothing than I'd feared, as well as less body odor than predicted. I mean, I know that when people ask Hilary at school, she's going to tell them she was totally disgusted by the amount, but really we only saw a few.
I don't know how many RLA denizens watch my blog or have ever visited it, but I'm going to tell you right here, right now: DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING HILARY SAYS ABOUT SAKURA-CON. Did the all-capitals ('Upper-case' does NOT exist.) emphasize that enough? Because I mean it; don't trust anything about the convention that she says.
Anyway, at the con Lauren (Fellow Otaku. Herrroo!!) and I made several decisions about future cons we'd like to attend and the costuming involved. They involve Steam-Con in late October and Kumori-Con on Labor Day weekend in Portland.
They also involve steampunked Alice in Wonderland (One costume, two kinds of conventions.). I get to be the Hatter, and I have THE COOLEST hat design (With Lauren's help.) and I just hope that this idea will be able to be implimented. As soon as it's done, I have full intention of posting the video of our journey to the Con here.

Beware; 'What's a girugamesh?'
Murphs

No comments: