Friday, July 18, 2008

Scary Solstice




Enough about crazy Japanese luncheons. I have located a copy of A Very Scary Solstice by those tupping amazing people down at the HP Lovecraft Historical Society. They are like heroes or something. Scary solstices aside (There's two volumes of Lovecraft'd carols) the CD version of Shoggoth on the Roof has me positively quaking, though it is truly questionable whether from fear or giggles.
I have a personal love of the song, If I Were A Deep One allegedly by Old Man Marsh.

'If I were a Deep One,
blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub!
All day long I'd swim a'neath the sea, if I were a Deep One!
Terrify the tourists,
blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub!
If I were an icky, icky fish scaly slippery frog-eyed kind of man...'

We all want that, and you know it.
~DJ

No comments: